Children’s football parties are one of the most popular ways to celebrate your child’s birthday! Here are our 10 tips for parents who want to host the perfect football party…
1. Ensure the venue has enough space for the amount of children attending and the sports being played. Most games can be adapted to space to suit a standard size hall.
2. Try and keep an area separate for parents that wish to stay. We are always happy for them to stay and watch but they can often increase the noise levels and reduce the space.
3. Try and avoid too many obstacles in the immediate sports area. Things like chairs, ceiling supports and pianos in community halls can often be unwelcome hazards to children. The party coach will arrive with enough time to have a safety check and plan the party accordingly. They will also be happy to help you move and arrange things.
4. If your location is difficult to find then place balloons or banners on nearby lampposts or fences to direct the guests and the coaches.
5. Make sure that your camera is fully charged and has adequate free space if you are looking to take photos. Nothing is worse than missing the perfect snap opportunity. The party coach will usually arrange the children for a photo opportunity at the end of the party for you.
6. Take advantage of the break in the middle if you have selected to have one. After the candles have been blown it is the perfect opportunity cut the cake for the party bags in plenty of time.
7. Giving the children name stickers is a great way to improve the interaction between them and the coach straight away and makes it much easier to grab individual childs attention. It may also help guests who are not familiar with each other.
8. Seating the birthday child in the middle or at the head of the table is a great way to make them feel special during the party food. They may also like to choose who sits next to them and opposite.
9. Talk to the coach! Make sure the coach is made aware of any particular games or activities that the birthday child may wish to be played. The coach will come with a selection of the best games based on the age groups and sports selected, however if your child has any particular requests the coach will do their best to include the games they would like to play! It is after all, their special day.
10. If you are panning on giving the children extra medals or prizes then let the coach know before the end of the party. This way they can hand out anything for you that you during a closing ceremony at the end of the party.